View Single Post
Old 2010-03-27, 17:35   Link #7183
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If he's the Other Battler, then he's also an (admittedly illegitimate) heir to the family fortune (and the gold)... which gives him a motive to kill Ange.
Oh, good point. However, we still haven't seen any indication of this, although it's not like we have to. I'm not sure Amakusa's story has to conform to Knox rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And that is one of the worst developments/plot devices in the history of writing. This is probably what bothers me the MOST about Featherine.

Oh, and also, I'm pretty sure it's that Featherine is just another one of Ange's delusions, not the other way around. Magic doesn't exist, so the real one has to be Hachijou. I should think this pretty obvious.
I kinda suspect Hachijou of being a hack writer as well; especially since she's really writing a self-insertion fanfic. I'm kinda wondering if she really did write EP3 and 4 as well.

I'm also with the premise that magic doesn't exist; or rather that magic is 'lying.' In that case though it's not just Featherine, but the entire meta world should be a 'lie' so to speak, right? I've been working with that premise since Bernkastel and Lambdadelta first appeared, but if you go by that, then what can they and the other meta-world characters represent? Lambdadelta, Bernkastel and Beatrice's powers feel like they're kind of a structure to the story.... Meta-Battler and Beatrice seem to me to be a wish by someone to give those two a happy end, against the tragic end of 'everyone dying.' And Featherine feels to me like Hachijou's desire to wreck that and find the truth at all costs.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote