Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-02, 10:52   Link #9
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I remember this was posted in some other forum some time ago. I'm not the one that translated this.
Credits go to the translator and the magazine guys that did the interview.

Part 1

Q&A Page

Upon hearing about the settlement of the broadcast, we launched a "direct attack" to get the truth from director Takamura Kazuhiro, character designer Shimada Humikane, and world setting & military history planner Suzuki Yoshiaki.

Q: What kind of story will season two have?
A: It will have a greater number of cheerful episodes than the first season. The setting of the Adriatic sea, and its endlessly brilliant sky and warm climate had an influence perhaps. Also, in the broadcast, it's a time when everyone has been set free. (Takamura)

Q: Will the colors and design of the pants change?
A: The pants are their pants to the end. They are part of the uniform, so they will not change. (Takamura)

Q: How much time has passed since the first season?
A: Around six months. It would have been okay to start directly after the first season, but Takamura told us even the witches need a bit of time off. His words are full of love (laugh). (Shimada)

Q: How is the production going?
A: Well, leaving that aside. The striker unit and costumes, and the design of the Neuroi have been decided in fine detail. We are all working very hard to be able to show you the witches in motion. (Takamura)

Q: How much will Lynne appear?
A: It's not like I'm always thinking about how to use Lynne (laugh). However, one episode will make good use of her. The depth of the witches' trust in each other will be shown through Lynne's actions. (Takamura)

Part 2

Q: Has anything been difficult in the production?
A: There are too many things left over from the first season that I want to include. I also wanted to put in military devices... However, with limited time and in the midst of struggles, it's necessary to focus your energies on the important things, but, with director Takamura at the helm, we are taking care not to overlook those parts as well. (Shimada)

Q: Will the relationships between characters change?
A: The Miyafuji and Lynne, Eila and Sanya pairs will stay the same as the first season. The various characters' personalities will be retained as in the first season. This season, the pairs will naturally be connected, and it will be a story of all 11 strike witches. Incidentally, in the first season, it wasn't until after five episodes that all the witches had lines. And so, this time... Well, look forward to the actual broadcast. (laugh) (Suzuki)

Q: Will there be new characters?
A: As previously announced in last September's event, Takei Junko from the game version will appear. In addition to that, more new witches may appear. Please wait and look forward to it. (Takamura)

Q: Anything to take note of?
A: Pretty much all of the striker units have been revised. However, even saying that they are new models, it's not like they have suddenly powered up, and even if you don't know about it you can still enjoy it. There are airplanes that served as the models, and so the striker units will inevitably be replaced, and people that understand that will be able to enjoy it. What's more, we have obtained amazing sounds that can't be found in Japan, and so please take note of the sound effects, and particularly the sound of the new striker units. (Shimada)

Part 3:

Q: Tell us frankly, what things were you paying special attention to while making it?
A: The intense image of the "pants" tends to stand out, but, it's a story of comrades in cooperation, growing, and protecting their precious friends. That's not to say there are no other stories like it.(?) What's more, my policy for making stories is that when the story is over, even if just a little, I want a development where the world really has become a little better. (Shimada)

Q: Please tell us the highlights and your comments!
A: Honestly, our intention was to make everything about it a highlight. I wanted to make a work where you want to watch every week the live broadcast, and then to buy and rewatch many times the DVD. [TL note: BUY SW DVDs] Because that's our duty as the creators. (Takamura)
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote