View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 17:32   Link #117
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I wasn't talking about a person disapproving of suicide. I feel the same way myself. Yurippe, however, suddenly jumped into the subject without real cause. No one had been talking or speculating about it, her declaration came out of nowhere. It would be somewhat like if someone asked a woman whether she had kids or why she didn't have kids, and her replying vehemently that she'd never had an abortion. Having strong feelings, positive or negative, would be completely understandable, but there's not enough connection to explain the sudden leap. Yuri doesn't just have some strong convictions about suicide; suicide has a major significance to her, something meaningful enough for her to react like she did.

It certainly makes sense, though, that she'd take a leader position, and that the position would be very painful for her. She feels the need to be the protector, but she winds up seeing those she's leading die over and over with her powerless to stop it. I imagine every time her people "die" in a mission, without a specific purpose or reason for deliberately taking it, brings that memory of the first time back to her.
^This. Reading this pushed me into the group saying that Yuri did suicide, or it at least had an influence on her.

Also gets me thinking that Yuri will disappear when everyone else in the SSS goes to rest. Knowing that her charges have "died" meaningfully and peacefully, as her siblings should have but didn't, may send her to rest as well.