View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 06:12   Link #1273
Aaerul

I like how you've got a lot of interesting observations in your long paragraphs. But man those sentences don't flow. Very hard to read so I had to give up 2/3 way.

I really like that Yui observation. Her episode had no OP or ED that I can recall.

Also in Angel Beats, it seems that adversity is never permanent. The enemy keeps changing, the plot keeps twisting but the fundamentals of the high school will always remain the same. PEOPLE's views change. People's views clash with others' views. Some are radical (matrix reload guy, Naoi). Others are benign (Yui).

The reason why the show never locks down on one particular plot point and develops from there is because it doesn't believe its afterlife setting has one. Maybe it is a little bit like what Attorney was saying, that it is a statement on existentialism. Personally I would not make so many jumps of logic regarding existentialism and all. Not all symbology in Angel Beats needs to be 1:1 in representation of another facet of real life. Having read most of Maeda's works, he is not a writer that is capable of organizing all of his thoughts to that degree of literary brilliance (He IS an eroge writer after all). To me, All symbolism needs to do, is to create a 'feeling'. I do not 'feel' that the haphazard storyline and constant plot twists were altogether meaningless, intentional or not.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote