View Single Post
Old 2010-07-09, 19:26   Link #402
apr
Pedestrian

Reading the Moon Phase blog I encountered a little blurb that said a Super Dash Bunko title would be animated in the future, and that the blogger would be more excited to see Campione in anime form than the more likely title Ben-to. As a huge fan of the latter, I instantly ordered volume 1 of Campione hoping to discover something that was even better.

Turns out it was derivative, unimaginative crap. Thanks for nothing, Internet Opinion! It's yet another story of a high school boy with super powers, a sulky little sister, a disapproving beauty, a brazen beauty, and hostile goddess turned loli. We've seen it all before, except for the battle scenes, which are more like reading Wikipedia articles about mythical gods. Boring, stay away, don't be fooled by enticing rumours.

In order to get the bad taste out of my mouth, I finally picked up the highly recommended Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai v01, but it was even worse. I don't even know where to begin complaining. Mostly I was just left with the feeling that this is what Nisemonogatari would have ended up as if Nishio Ishin was a hack, trying desperately to defend otaku culture as good and just. Embarrassing.