View Single Post
Old 2010-08-14, 13:02   Link #2756
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^Oh? So just because he is the only guy left standing, has a creepy face like Satan's spawn, and is covered in blood with one of the weapons used on the 13, we're going to jump to the conclusion that he was the one who did.

Honestly. j/k btw

Anyway, the only things that really interested me about these chapters were Oudo's past, Medaka's new look in P--Mars mode I guess, her ability finally being known (though I didn't really care for it) and Kumagawa showing up at long last after all that build up.

Other than that though, I didn't like how everything got resolved with Oudo vs. M.Medaka going into the anticlimactic route, the flask plan being put on hold like that (I did chuckle a bit when she told Akune to just destroy them lol) and I really wanted to see the Losers/Plus Six fight, and not have them treated as the measuring sticks for Kumagawa. I also didn't like how Naze all of the sudden seemed to abandon everything she believed in just to save Koga (it was a bit moving, but considering that she attempted to poison her own flesh and blood in the same chapter, seemed to be quite the leap).

But anyway, that's past us now (or was past us a long time now) so I guess I'll look forward. I do wonder where does Kumagawa fit into the flask plan and how come he wasn't part of the 13 since he took the majority of them that easily.

EDIT: Actually, I wanted to say a bit about Medaka's ''there is no perfect man'' vs. the Flask Plan speech.

I get what Nisioisin is trying to do having Medaka -the one closest to perfection- declare that no one can achieve it not even herself. It makes the statement appear more powerful by having one who is like her say it, but I was annoyed that she didn't give any actual reason for why she believes perfection is unachievable for humans. She just dismisses the whole thing because she already declared it impossible without any proof, even though ''The End'' elevates her into the realms of Godhood/Beast-hood. I can understand why Koga wanted to beat the crap out of her at that moment, as even though they offered to change things to accommodate her, she still remained stubborn about what she thought.

And that's the part that really annoys me about how this arc ended. Medaka gave the reason for why the Flask Plan was ''wrong'' but that reason amounts to that she didn't like how they were trying to make everyone's life better.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-08-14 at 14:02.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote