View Single Post
Old 2004-09-27, 08:04   Link #13
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, managed to catch the episode 13 raw. Not that I managed to understand it since Japanese is alien to me.

So Youko made her appearance and we learned that Suguru is a maniac driver - heh, not surprising, considering what we have seen of him. He is reduced to becoming Yumi's work slave later on in the novels eh?

I suppose Yumi's meeting with Sachiko should satisfy the cravings of the yuri fans - at least it hinted enough at it. The ending part where they had the blooming roses around them seemed kinda ... well, corny.

I don't know about the romantic side of Yumi's relationship with Sachiko. It is pretty much ambigious and not as clear cut as say, Sei's aborted relationship with Shiori. Sachiko is pretty much reserved and her emotions rarely leak through even with her peers (but they do occasionally) while Yumi always wears hers on her sleeve.

Yumi is the perfect foil to allow Sachiko to express her feelings and recover from her current emotional hurt from losing her grandmother.

Youko would have sufficed, if Sachiko could open up to her. I suspect that Sachiko's respect and reverence for her onee-sama doesn not allow her to do that. But Youko understands Sachiko enough that Yumi will unconditionally do that for Sachiko. Really, Sachiko is fortunate to have met someone like Yumi.

Anyway, are there plans for a third season? (really, I would want to see Yumi continue turning the tables on Touko and becomnig all Sei-like with her ) There should be enough material for one, if it is just another 13 episodes for it. Judging from what the novel readers have said, there's Kanako and at least enough story for one more.