View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 22:34   Link #70
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Please behave...

What the three jealous girls did was wrong, and they sure deserved a talking to. But Tsukasa also took it too far and let herself be carried away. She let herself flip so completely that she lost control. And this is actually the problem that Junichi was confronting her about: the "real Tsukasa" is always in control, and now she's out of control. The "real Tsukasa" does whatever it takes to be successful; this Tsukasa is just digging her own grave. And in fact, she knows what she needs to do, but she won't do it because she's letting her pride and emotions get in her way. Yes, those are part of her honest feelings, but they're also a part of her immaturity. She needs to put those emotions to death just as much as her facade if she's truly going to be honest with herself and others -- and that's the goal. But Tsukasa was in such a heightened emotional state that she couldn't understand what Junichi was trying to tell her: I want you to meet your goals; I want you to succeed; I'll be here to help you do whatever it takes. All she took it as is "you don't love me the way I really am, so I need to change". (This is a typical dispute between couples though; what she wanted was for him to just be there for her without saying a word, but he was trying to "solve the problem"... and she took it as though "the problem" was her... not without reason, granted.)

So anyway rather than think of this as an "inner self" and an "outer self", think about Tsukasa's ideal self: someone who's hard-working and driven, but is able to keep her pride and selfishness in check. Someone who is honest with herself and with others. Someone who doesn't have to hide behind any facades anymore. That isn't the "selfish Tsukasa" anymore than it's the "I'll-do-anything-to-please-you Tsukasa".

Of course, the change in personality shown at the end of the show isn't for the better, but it's not because she apologized, it's because she's not being honest with herself. She's wearing a facade that's even more thickly applied than ever, so much so that she doesn't even want to let Junichi inside anymore. But he just has to open a crack through her facade one more time and let her know that she's not a bad person and that he'll help her through her struggles. When she can bring her personality into balance, she'll be "healed".
I agree. I think Junichi didn't meant to hurt her but he accidentally hurt her feelings which made her switch to her super nice personality, which scares him since this isn't the girl that he fell in love.