View Single Post
Old 2010-12-29, 19:04   Link #773
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
You did take it out of context because there was much more than what you just quoted sir, aside from the fact that the response wasn't meant for you (I.e. - The initial response.)
No, I was not. Really, research what "taking out of context" means. To summarize, if I'd taken your quote out of context, I'd have used it to take a stance against a point you weren't even making. Like if you say "Rankas costume in movie two is great! I like the magical girl outfit, because it conveys her enthusiasm!" and I quote the "I like the magical girl outfit" part and go "Haha, Dex likes to dress in magical girl outfits!". That's taking something out of context.

What I did was taking a few sentences of your statement which spoke to a certain sentiment and responding to those specifically. That I didn't answer the rest of your statement or that you were directing them at someone else has nothing to do with "taking them out of context".

Quote:
It wasn't just about the kiss being acted or not, it's about the issues that Alto had with acting at this point of the series (which should be evident in this episode.) The problem being that you don't even want to accept that the idea of Alto "acting" even outside of a role is plausible.

Remember that I was quoting Wisteria and not you. What I thought she was implying was different from what you think it was. It's really just a misunderstanding my good friend
The problem I have with Alto "acting" outside of a real acting gig is that this isn't supported by any hard source. Yasaburo saying it so does not make it credible, because Yasaburo has ulterior motives. We certainly never see Alto acknowledging this as a fact, instead we have him angrily denying it throughout the series. Show me a quote by Alto that he was acting, instead of being genuine ( and no, him saying that he was ignoring that both girls were showing feelings towards him doesn't count... that's just playing dumb, not playacting genuine emotions ). Otherwise you are just as blindly opinionating about Altos motivations as Yasaburo was.

Quote:
I don't even think we're on the same wavelength here to be honest. That's not what I was implying and that's not what Ranka took from the kiss. That kiss wasn't even mentioned again after episode 10 (not even by Ranka herself) so I'm not sure I see how it was "documented in the series."
Yeah, she took it seriously. In the very next episode, we'll see her getting all blush-faced after her conversation with Nanase. As pointed out by Dash_Hunter.

Quote:
Quite frankly, isn't that just being hard-headed? Would you even concede to it being plausible, at the very least. I know we all have somewhat different opinions on the matter, but there's no room for discussion if one doesn't at least acknowledge other opinions aside from their own.
I've never seen you express the sentiment that Alto was getting lost in his acting roles and unsure of his own personality before the movie came out. I've never seen anyone express that opinion before the movie came out. This collating of the motivations of movie Alto with series Alto is not flying with me, because it is as ludicrous as trying to say that movie Ranka is the same person as series Ranka.