View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 05:23   Link #777
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I know what it means to take something out of context. The lines you quoted does make it sound like I was implying Alto was not "acting" the kiss but that's completely misconstruing the point I was trying to get across. I'm sure you didn't deliberately do it but you did misunderstand the meaning of my post in it's entirety.

In essence, you took a stance against a point that didn't even exist in the first place (which I even later said was misinterpreted.) The parts you didn't quote contained the actual point. Hence, taking it out of context. Now I hope we can move on from this because I'm not fond of arguing semantics.
You clearly don't, because you are wrong. You can say I misunderstood what you were saying, and I well may have. That's not the problem. Saying I took your quote out of context is to me, a college student of history, an insult. In my future profession it's malpractice to do so.

Quote:
Isn't that the point? The quote from Karice strongly points to the "acting" theory although it can't really be proven. The mysterious aura surrounding Alto is what makes him such a compelling character, because we don't know when he truly feels a certain way or whether his motives are genuine or not. His past and his issues with it can somehow help the case but it can't be proven with absolute certainty. Just because Alto disapproves of this interpretation does not mean it's not true.

It's a lot harder for someone to accept a truth about themselves. And in that same token, it's just as easy for someone to falsely judge another. I believe this was the point that Kawamori was alluding to in Karice's earlier post.

"Absence of proof, is not proof of absence."
Did you get that out of a fortune cookie?

You got no in-series confirmation of that, hell, not even a hint of Alto expressing such a sentiment. All you got is movie Alto saying so and you are trying to apply this wholesale to the other Alto.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, I did mention something along those lines in an earlier discussion between you and I. It had to do with Alto's feelings for Sheryl I believe. It happened quite some time ago. Granted, I'm sure I didn't go into much detail but I was on the same train of thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Eto...well, I probably would have, if I'd listened to the commentary when it first came out. Though I wasn't even on the forum then (^_^;; )
Would have, should have, could have... nobody, in my recollection, did actually say so. If someone did, provide a quote. Until then, I stand by my assertion that this is just applying the movie characterization to another character.