View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 06:42   Link #780
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Okay, what you quoted was:
I do not know how you read your conclusion out of that quote. Basically, from what you quoted, Kawamori is just re-citing what Alto told Ranka in ep 10. I cannot read at all out of this quote that Alto is constantly only acting his feelings, like Yasaburo claims.
I explained this here.

As for what Kawamori said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
The "Acting or not" issue comes up from 4:18 (when Ranka is talking to Alto on the phone)
Nakajima: It often slips my mind that Alto was in the acting world.
Kawamori: You know, he might be acting all the time...
Endou: No, don't say that!
(Kawamori laughs)
Endou: come on tell us! when is he acting?!
Kawamori: Well, even Alto himself sometimes doesn't know when he's acting and when he's not, that's why he's afraid of being in the acting world.
------though that's also true of actors in our world.
Endou: Characters similar to oneself are the most difficult to do (in some ways)
Kawamori: It's like 'where does the role end and you start?'
Endou: Are you creating something or not? It's hard to know
===

3rd point: no comment, as I still haven't watched episode 11 again. I was talking about my general impression of Alto.

===

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Given the the majority of my reply was addressed to Dex. I think you are taking the parts which were thought for him as if directed to you. I put your line into the final quote, because it did pertain to the larger point I was making, which is that nobody during the show or before the movie put this character-view of Alto on the table, it has only surfaced now and is, IMO unjustifiedly, being conflated with series Altos motivations.
Because you quoted me there, it really felt like you were talking about my comment too. If not, then my mistake.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote