View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 08:48   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I do not claim there is no credibility with spoilers.
Why, as there are people reading the tale after all.

However, I think it is something that was ironically already addressed in umineko: the interpretation of the tale is extremely personal, especially the direction of the story (not the facts themselves) are quite ambiguous.
Mystery? Fantasy?

Actually, the more I think about it, the more like people are acting like Ange. I sure do not deny that I was as pissed as Chibi Ange with Battler's charades at first, but if you think more about it, the truth itself isn't the only important thing, especially for the readers who aren't -personally implicated- by the events.

This is why I find odd for people to be trigger happy, while they do not have the correct reading. When you see a red text, it can also be vastly different with the little chat before and after that.
This is the same this time, albeit you have more noise (personal interpretation/translation).

Hence, I believe it is just too ironic for some of us to criticize the tale, when they didn't read it themselves.
In fact, the whole situation is -extremely- similar to the "goat madness" scene. It almost look like Ryukishi expected that...