View Single Post
Old 2011-01-16, 06:46   Link #1057
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
Also, I'm getting curious about this character:
(image)
Remember that, other than causing Itoshiki Nozomu syndrome, Witches can also cause Hate Plague? Mami mentioned something about red lights where fights happen. I believe that this girl will appear during an arc where the Hate Plague cause gang-war. She seems to be delinquent-type character.

... Can't believe i'm expecting gang-war in a mahou shoujo anime (though Sailor V manga had one).

Also, i can't help but comparing this anime with the World of Darkness RPG.
- "Vampires": The magical girl must consume (the power? the soul? of) what are possibly elder magical girls. In WoD, they call that "Diablerie" (or more prosaically, "Amaranth").
- "Mages": It's right in the title, duh. Also, the whole "this world is crumbling" theme. The apocalypse in the beginning of episode 1 might as well be what happens when things from Abyss finally open their gaping maw into the world. Also, some Mages Awaken to their power in a dream-like scene. (Madoka might as well be on the path of Acanthus).
- "Werewolves": There are nasty spirits influencing people to do nasty things so that they gain nourishment from the nasty actions. The Witches in eps 2 might as well be Spirit of Suicide.
- "Changelings": When your reality-warping power grow strong enough, you lose all your humanity and morph into something... freakish (they call it "True Fae") and you flee into Arcadia, pocket dimension where everything is subject to your whim. Witch dimension.
- "Promethean": Prometheans ("Frankenstein's monster") cause Hate Plague just by existing. Fortunately, most of them aren't bad guys. However, when they're bad guys, they're far more terrifying than the Witches.
- "Hunter": These are the guys who fight (malevolent) supernaturals. They range from the stereotypical MIB-in-black-van to those who make contracts with devils.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote