View Single Post
Old 2011-01-19, 08:33   Link #1944
fukarming

A bit late for the discussion, but I think the money=success faction miss a very important point:

Success is not only measured on immediate term, but also on future projection. A company policy that allows the company to make lots of money in one quarter and lose money in the future is not a good policy.

If GSD is so successful, we would be seeing GS third season or GS movie already. With the popularity of GS (GS is a pretty good series. and it is the embodiment of the money=success idea. Some UC die hard fans hate GS, but they hate everything that is not UC anyway), GSD will sell no matter what (kinda like endless eight. Most people are cursing about it, but they watch it regardless). However, the negative opinion on GSD cause the axe on the GS franchise and make Sunrise start from scratch and we have gundam 00. It is kinda obvious that they want to make GS universe the new UC with Shin taking the role of Camille. And the Astray/ Stargazer stuff are equivalent to non-tomino UC like gundam 0080 or 0083.

If GSD is successful, then even if sunrise decided to start a new gundam universe, they would use Fukuda to direct future gundam series. Dropping Fukuda is another indication that even Sunrise consider GSD is a failure.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote