View Single Post
Old 2011-01-27, 06:34   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly.. this is 50% chance of being a total disaster and 50% chance of being a success

I hope the demo is not the indication of the direction they are heading with the PSP2 because there's absolutely no way this can survive with just ports

You also have to consider this

A new PS3 is around 300 dollars on Amazon. This PSP2 looks to be somewhere around that price range.

Now think for a moment. If a major title like Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be on both the PS3 and the PSP2 why the hell would I bother owning both? Especially if the claims of graphic power being compatible is accurate.

So to me it seems that the Sony is its own worst enemy.

The PSP2 also doesn't have any new interface to bring to the table. What's going to convince people who already have say... a PS3 or an Iphone to buy one?

To me this seems that it's Kinect vs Playstation Move allover again.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote