View Single Post
Old 2004-10-22, 03:40   Link #323
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

There are a few I'd like identified, and they're quite old. I used to watch them on TV back in the 80's, but never finished the series.

First one's a mecha anime where there are 4 protagonists (all male) each piloting a robot. At first they fly 1-man fighter-class spaceships, then later on summon the robots which are all faceless, then their spaceships dock with their respective robots forming the robots' heads (in the case of 3 of them, the ship turns over to face downward while its upper part latches into the robot's faceless head and its bottom forms the robot's face; for the remaining robot, the ship, whose pilot is the youngest member of the team, maintains its attitude in flight and simply lands on its docking point on the robot which has only a lower half of a head while the ship forms the upper half, then the ship folds its wings up).

Then there's a general sci-fi anime where the main characters consist of 3 guys (each with his own spaceship and their own quirks - one ordinary guy of average build, one tall slim guy who's a loner type, and one big fat guy who's comical), and a girl (who I think is a princess of a sort, and living in a large spaceship/carrier where the other 3 ships hold station). One thing I know very well is that one of the 3 guys (the loner type) uses something like a calculator for many things, including battle tactics and analysis of the enemy, as well as summoning his own spaceship, while the big guy has something like a dial on the chest part of his armor, and uses that to summon his ship (looks really silly like using the old rotary-dial telephone).

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2004-10-22 at 03:51.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote