View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 05:51   Link #213
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Fine then, QB isn't guilty of lying, he is guilty of leaving out all the important information he doesn't want you to know. Happy?

Now, using past history, how many pieces of important information do you think he "convenient" forgot to mention in this episode?
It is important because too many individuals are basing their "QB is evil" rants on their instincts / gut feeling. If we look at evidence, there simply isn't anything to support the notion that QB is evil or that he outright lies. Depending on your perspective, QB could be construed as a hero of his people and the rest of the universe, who is performing research on a backwater planet to solve this energy crises. No one is being forced, they simply exchange their lives for something which the backwater world's populace considers a wish.

QB himself states, while speaking with Madoka, "We can't understand what it means "to trick" to begin with. When you regret a wrong decision based on a misunderstanding, you humans tend to hate the other party for some reason... It's hard for us to understand the value standards of humans."

This is because most human beings, especially in the western world value the notion of "informed consent". All information of value is put on the table for inspection before we make a decision or become contractually obligated, etc. However there are many cultures, even on this planet who do not feel the same way. They will think, oh sucks to be you for not being as intelligent as I am, or sucks to be you for not looking at the small text. You'll learn from this experience and grow smarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Honestly, I think it is pretty constant with Gen's favorite themes, what would appear to me as an asspull would be shit like, "QB WAS ACTUALLY MADOKA'S SECOND PERSONALITY ALL ALONG!" or "THE SERIES IS A NIGHTMARE! MADOKA IS STUCK IN HER OWN PERSONAL HELL WITH KYUUBEE AS PINHEAD!!"
Lol, the OP seems to have a few parts that imply some sort of dreaming, but I don't know if he's going to pull that... What is possible is that Madoka and girls are being harvested Island style by QB and his alien friends. Maybe they have created a VR world for them to grow and be harvested? Look at me, I'm supposed to be defending QB, but I just end up coming up with more ammunition for people to shoot at him with!
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote