Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-06, 03:16   Link #317
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I agree with this. I think the draw in this episode was supposed to be Shinku gearing up and dazzling the stage. The problem is that there's no tension because we don't really have a reason to care about them winning or a pressing want to see Shinku tear up a battlefield. Personally, I don't even think it has to do with the setting. Replace it with a war-torn battlefield, and I still wouldn't find reason to care about Shinku changing the tide of the battle.
I haven't check anything about Dog Days before watching it. So I'm not expecting anything. I just like the picture shown in the anime for this season.

I also agree with this. From the first few minutes I had the feeling that the hero is needed to save the country from the invading forces. But showing Shinku in merry style change it but I thought that maybe it's a setting that if his been send to another world. It will break him up. But soon after his been summoned and the battle field is shown. I expect nothing anymore. It will be just an ordinary show that needs to be watch with brains off mode. Though while the whole war thing is happening. The princess explains that they need to win it. OR otherwise her countrymen will get overtaken and poverty will rise. But I don't even see that coming with the whole setting of what's happening. For now I don't see the enemy as a real threat and a bunch of people that will do harm to your country. And maybe that's because of the method of the war.

Shinku agreeing it like an enthusiastic boy with new playing field doesn't also adds up the tension. Plus his entrance also doesn't do much good. It looks like his entering a big show but not a real war...... so I will just ignore the whole war setting and just imagine him as the last guardian in takeshi's castle.