View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 11:30   Link #1204
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That his inner feelings don't exactly match many of his actions. It's the same as with the comments by Yoshino and the seiyuu. Yoshino thinks that Alto is indecisive. The seiyuu think he is a terrible person to the two girls. Both don't match Altos actual actions.

In this case I think Alto is too critical of himself. Sure, he was running away from home and trying to find a new identity. But by the point of episode 23, he already had long become a protector and had long moved on from his state of the early episodes.

That doesn't mean that he cannot doubt himself or be thrown by Yasaburos accusations or discover new facets of life and his own personality... but saying "he just got to this point in episode 23" seems vastly false to me.
But it not as though anyone of us are saying that Alto wasn't trying to the point in episode 23, only that he himself realized and acknowledged it at in episode 23. It is still true that Alto was running away and was using Ranka as a means of doing so, and that can make him seem like a terrible person to other people (he basically admits as such in episode 23). Alto refused to actually face his problems or even acknowledge them to himself (though it was obvious to everyone else). I think that when you're view isn't just ignoring what Yasaburo said to Alto but also Michael's words as well, both are the ones who actually know Alto is. Even though Alto says that he hates Kabuki and he hates acting his actions show that he doesn't really have anything against it.

You can be indecisive and still act, which is what Alto was doing.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote