Thread: Colorful (film)
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-17, 10:56   Link #6
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
accepting oneselfand others andbreaking out of his shell both require changing oneself...
as for the "color" dialougue, well it was too naive and simple for me. it's very obvious that life isn't black and white. i hold the first part of the phrase in place of first importance - "Everyone is the same". a very jap thing to say, considering the idea can be interpreted in an opposite way.
also, about makoto. as the movie went on, the feeling that the MC and makoto were fusing into one became only stronger, although i didn't anticipate the plot twist (MC being makoto). so when the glasses girl said he was just like the old makoto, it meant that he was nearing the realisation of his sin. (and that he was makoto himself)
all in all, i still can't find a logical explanation to makoto's epiphany. it's more of an emotional movie than a logical one. like, how exactly is it that makoto overcame the challenge? by making a friend? by realising his sin? so what? realisation doesn't equal the feeling of regret. how did he realise his sin exactly? and there's the thing i talked about in my previous post. the one, where it's impossible to change a person through memory loss - he;ll still be the sme person. so all that is needed to change a person is erase his memory? i don't think so...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!

Last edited by idiffer; 2011-05-17 at 11:38.
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote