Thread: Colorful (film)
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-17, 23:30   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I thought the story was compelling. Even though it's basically an anti-suicide movie hehe. I also really liked the backgrounds. I hated that they put CG stuff like cars in backgrounds. They didn't blend in perfectly. I agree about the simple art. This movie could've used a different style, that suit the backgrounds more.
One scene that really stood out in this movie for me, was a scene where Makoto's mother is crying while they're having dinner. Everyone just calmly resumes like they don't hear her crying. Really weird scene if you ask me.
Still not as awkward as the Haruhi movie. I though that one had among the bizzarest character to background blends that I've ever seen in a film not called Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. You know how when a background looks flat and like the characters are really obviously superimposed over them as opposed to looking like a part of the background? That should never happen in an animation.

Anyway I thought the characters in this movie suited the backgrounds just fine. Then again I'm kind of used to this art style from watching older anime. Also I don't think this movie works as well without the somewhat muted color pallet and character design comparing and contrasting with the title and premise. It's wholly appropriate.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote