View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 15:05   Link #89
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
That's because Ko panicked that she was leaving town and he was caught off guard with her sudden departure. He then apologized to Ohana afterwards. After that I haven't seen Ko do anything bad. He's a great guy and really knows how to handle the situation.
A trait of genuinely composed/cool operators is that they tend to NOT panic and get caught off guard easily. That's the antithesis of being cool/composed.

Oh. And I'm not sure the attempted visit to Kissiou was an example of a Smooth operator at work.
Quote:
He's a great guy and really knows how to handle the situation. It's not good to force her to give him an answer. He just nudged Ohana into realizing that she hasn't given him an answer. I don't know about you but Ko isn't your typical shy male lead.
This has also resulted in a massive miscommunication where Ohana thinks that Ko has dumped her. I'm quite hard pressed to see how this is him having the situation in hand at all.

Plus, waiting until a girl you like figures out that you like her seems to be a pretty shy move from my perspective.

Quote:
It's not a low standard because MOST teenagers act like what you saw in the beach episode. Ko seems to be above such childish fawning.
And most people in general are extremely bad at fighting. That doesn't mean that just because you can punch straight without hurting yourself that you're the next Mike Tyson. Similarly, Ko being more composed than the bumpkins in Ohana's class doesn't make him gods gift to women.

Ko's SNAFU's with Ohana are understandable because he's a teenage boy. But they're hardly in line with someone I'd think of as a smooth operator.
Quote:
He is mature, has a job and pretty girls with glasses are attracted to him.
First point is debatable. 2nd point is commendable that Ko is employed, but it hardly makes him some super cool dude. And if we go by that last points logic, Ohana and Minchi are super suave and mature because a bunch of guys like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, I don't quite get the Ko hate/disliking either.

He's handled things as well as can be expected I think. Dude has more self-respect than to confess twice to the same girl (unlike a certain hardcore Minchi fan ), and I personally respect that.

Short of confessing twice, he's left the door open for Ohana as much as possible.

If Ko/Ohana never happens, it'll be because of Ohana, not Ko, imo.
I don't dislike/hate Ko. And while I might seem to sadistically glee at the prospect of everyone in this series ending up alone, I don't necessarily view him as a pathetic figure.

But It REALLY seems disingenuous to describe him as some kind of playboy. He's not. He's a confused kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If Ko/Ohana never happens, it'll be because of Ohana, not Ko, imo.
Absolutely. Especially considering how every hint we've had is that Ohana is going to become a Sui/Satsuki style super powered dragon lady when she grows up.