View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 16:15   Link #91
FMeral16

Maybe I'm incorrect but I don't think a lot of people actually hate Ko, we just hate what he does to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
It's not a low standard because MOST teenagers act like what you saw in the beach episode. Ko seems to be above such childish fawning. He is mature, has a job and pretty girls with glasses are attracted to him.
He confessed to her because he had to, since she was leaving. He said himself, he was just hanging around hoping she'd notice he liked her. That's pretty darn immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
After that I haven't seen Ko do anything bad. He's a great guy and really knows how to handle the situation. It's not good to force her to give him an answer. He just nudged Ohana into realizing that she hasn't given him an answer. I don't know about you but Ko isn't your typical shy male lead.
After that we haven't seen Ko do much of ANYTHING productive. Maybe it's not good to force an answer, but it's also not good to do nothing at all. It was basically a surprise, unplanned confession, followed by nothing meaningful to back up the fact that he loves her.

1. Their only communication for quite a while after Ohana left was a single text.

2. He backed out on a visit to her after he already took the train there because he saw she was busy. I'm really amazed on how terrible they make the communication between Ko and Ohana. Also yes, the inn was full but from how big they were making out Yuina's inn to be he could have easily found somewhere else to stay.

3. Ohana runs off in the rain and gets discovered by Minko and Tohru, instead of him dashing after her, which I was really hoping would happen as some sort of character redemption.

4. He pretty much just accepts it without a fight when Ohana tells him her tearful goodbye on the phone.

EDIT: I love how in my previous post, the one quick line about Ko got responded to, but I don't think my whole paragraph about Yuina/Yosuke did. And here I am writing another entire post about Ko/Ohana. At the very least Ko strikes up a ton of conversation, although I'm not sure that's a good thing.