Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-12, 03:46   Link #18
Mazryonh

Well, if MashiFoni's story is indeed strong enough to stand on its own merits (as the upcoming anime adaptation for Minatosoft's Majikoi is looking to be), then it might be a good idea. Still, after the failures of the anime adaptations of Fortune Arterial and Hoshizora, my expectations aren't very high for this series.

Another point of concern is what MashiFoni, if it's indeed a diabetes-inducing sugary-sweetness-smorgasbord, is going to have to do more to get more recognition amongst its more famous genre-mates that rely on this kind of sweetness, such as To Heart 2. When plenty of competitors have done what you're doing already, it's that much harder to brand yourself as something worth buying. I'm fairly certain that there aren't many eroge where the "main girl" is "seriously unavailable" right from the very beginning, as in Moshiraba's case, whereas many eroge now feature the "find your love in a school setting" premise all around.

What I'd really like to see from Palette would be an omnibus-style adaptation of Moshiraba, starting with the sisters' arcs for a first season, followed by the other characters in another season. Of course, that's unlikely. Another thing I'd like to see would be Purple software's 明日の君と逢うために ("Till I reach your tomorrow") made into an anime, which might be easier since the character designer in that game (a certain Tomoyasu Kurashima) has done a lot of work on the anime series of Infinite Stratos, Strike Witches, etc., but that's even less likely.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote