View Single Post
Old 2011-09-04, 20:27   Link #1068
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Reducing the consumption of something by 90% would mean that something last nearly 100 times more than it did before. That would mean that Accelerator can go into ESP mode... A full week without stopping or something?

I don't know from where that idea came from, but from what I remember reading on the novel absolutely nothing has been stated to even remotely hint that the Accelerator tweaked his electrode; the closest he "has done" is creating a power source from an electrical socket that allowed him to recharge himself (and that still implied absolutely no tweaking of the electrode at all.

In fact, during NT1 he is worried about electricity consumption from his electrode after a short chase; that easily means that the time duration of the electrode is not 30^9.

I always thought that Accelerator tweaking his electrode was a stupid concept, since it most likely requires him to take it off or turn it off in order to achieve that (hence, he has to do it while he is a vegetable).
Well, yeah, it was actually the GROUP technicians who cranked the electrode for it to last for 30 minutes instead of the normal 15.

And yeah, if 90% power consumption reduction increases the operating time 10 times, that would be 30 * 10 = 300 minutes = 5 hours!

Wow. But still, he can't activate Vector Change permanently. And I mean, seriously, if Accel can go Esper Mode for up to 5 hours, but with his Game Breaker ability, no normal guy could last 5 minutes or even 5 seconds against him.