Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 10:28   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I have no idea if the OVA could have prepared me for the adaptation, but suffice to say I felt quite underwhelmed by the first episode.
Frankly, I can't help but get extremely disappointed by the performance of Yuki and Yuno's seiyuu (particularly Yuki's, who sounds just 100% female to be blunt).

The execution had a lot left to be desired. I personally think the "creepy yandere" mood was a tad toned down, and they basically made Yuno more horny looking than obsessed (well, YMMV I guess). On the other hand the whole deal with third was kinda watered down in term of execution (the scene was the same, but the absence of camera angle, mood etc made that scene quite mundane)
But the major issue was how budget looking it was... good lord, I thought my CPU was running slow, but the actual animation was quite choppy, especially when CGI structures were shown (blatant example: when Deus summoned all the diary owners at the end of the ep).
Meanwhile, the music department was quite flat.

At least, script wise, things were intact (although they were sly enough with the early part of this ep). But in term of productions, it is really not encouraging, considering it is the first episode.