View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 17:53   Link #146
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecharobot View Post
This so much. Certain genres, settings and styles that I enjoy immensely became rarer and rarer during the 00s until they finally died out somewhere along 2007/2008.

The problem is that they didn't die out, they still exist and are being made despise the transition from anime to drama/movies there are also tons of new anime that are completely new as genre.

The main issue here is that U.S. company are not licensing certain genre that were popular back in 90s in west and fansubbers (the English ones) are not picking them up. Instead, they base their pick up on what Japanese and East Asians likes while eliminating the more niche series.

Besides many series Triple_R listed can also group into fan service/moe type. El Hazard, Magic Knight Rayearth, Saber Marionette J are all consistent with current trend as well.

Really, you give me a genre and setting and I'll give you at least 1 show a year that will match it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Whoah,bloody monday got a drama?I missed that.
Yep, 2 seasons, 1st season was really good and pretty much follows the 1st series. 2nd season wasn't quite as good mainly because 2nd series was still serializing at time.

Here's the link in dramawiki

I don't knwo if there is english subber for it as I got my J drama from either Chinese subber or from TV when I went back for visit.