Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 11:45   Link #11
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Better keep enjoying this season, cause with what's been announced so far for next year it's looking like all the otaku pandering trends with TV series are only getting that much worse from here on out and that it is just indeed brief resurgence of decent animated fair....possibly the last hurrah.
Having read a lot about the eccentricities of some anime directors before, and with an A-list staff going into this project, I think I'll wait and see.

Even the denizens of 2ch were bouncing off the walls once they heard the news, as witnessed by one of my close friends, a veteran translator, who ventured there:
Quote:
This prospect terrified otakus in 2ch. Let me share with you some of the predictions given in 2ch:
- This is clearly aiming at king of kings status We are talking about 6 digit sales!
- Nightmare!! Help!! This thread will turn into scorched earth by AKB believers!!
- AKB Haters (I mean all of you out there), kneel and prostrate yourselves to the conquerors!
- I know how the BD wil l be packaged:
>> 3 limited editions (1 with photo, 1 with handshaking event ticket, 1 with special jacket cover) and 2 more standard editions
>> no OP/ED CD, buy BD to get the OP/ED song
>> Only in BD can you listen to commentaries made by AKB members
>> Dance PV for the OP will only be available in BD
- At least the staff are reliable, maybe I can watch it as just an anime without thinking of the real AKB
As we were discussing this at another forum, some of us thought it was the craziest thing Kawamori had dived into (as if playing with ecological themes weren't enough), which spells "career suicide", but then me and some buddies figured that he'd been tinkering with enough stories involving pop songstresses and dogfights since 1982 that the idea of directing a show of this magnitude (and thus the huge risk) is too damn hard for him to refuse.

At any rate, Kawamori's gonna have his hands full within the next two years, with this, EVOL, and the 30th anniversary of Macross.