View Single Post
Old 2011-12-31, 05:29   Link #583
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Saber just has way too much going for her. She's a good woman and a great knight, with a smile and beauty that can light up an entire room. Even before you discover that she's actually one of the greatest heroines of all time, you can tell she's someone great because of the way she carries herself, her impeccable sword skills, and her amazing abilities. All of that on top of being a humble and ladylike when she's not in the fray.

Some of the best moments in the story come from her too. Every time she gets out Excalibur and prepares to do the unthinkable, I get hyped because her theme is the shit and I know she's gonna win. Another one of the less obvious but still awesome ones I can think of is when Caster exhausts all of her magic tricks and finally traps Saber where she wants her to, it looks like they've finally had it until...

Spoiler:

Wow. Go Saber.

One major, major problem I have with her in the story though is that she can't seem to catch a break. She's fated to die no matter what, and gets no chance at a good ending where she survives until the Unlimited Blade Works route. She does get the afterlife ending with Shirou in Last Episode, but that's not good enough for me. I don't want to see her succumb to her grim fate for the sake of her pride and sense of duty, when she's more than well enough earned a good life with her friends.

Also think it's worth mentioning that after months and months of the seemingly undethronable Haruhi Suzumiya, this is my new desktop background:

Spoiler:

Also, can some mod kindly remove my vote for Shirou? I actually don't like him at all. What the fuck was I thinking.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote