View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 11:57   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Shirley: "By a man with a strawhat, Fishman Island will be destroyed!!!"

Jinbe: "I'll get the merchant ship (with lots of strawhats) ready."

I see where this heads now. Nice played, Oda.

Geez man, just what do you have against those poor fish-folk? They only desire to live in peace with humanity (even more so after the recent conflict)....

That being said, the straw hat merchant ship possibly being the doomsday weapon that destroys mermaid island is an interesting theory, though I still highly doubt that will result in Shira's recruitment (as I said in a past thread, I still think that she'd be safer in Paradise than she would in the NW).

Anyways, even if not much happened this chapter, I still found it fun. I loved how Usopp and Chopper were all depressed about facing an emperor, yet still managed to perk up before leaving. And yeah, everyone's reaction to Luffy in the log pose scene was classic. I also found it amusing that Luffy literally wrapped his entire pinky finger around Shira's. He's sure gotten a lot more bold around the ladies since the skip, hasn't he....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
It looks pretty certain that the story won't end with the Straw Hats reaching Raftel - instead, there's going to be something bigger, something that will shake the world. A huge battle between the World Government and the Revolutionaries/Pirates is highly likely...

Yeah, pretty much what I've been thinking ever since Whitebeard's dying speech at the war (actually, I've had a vague suspicion even before then, but the speech just solidified my belief). The secret of the One Piece will spark a climactic world war against the WG and those who oppose them, which will once again decide the dawn of a new era much like the previous summit war did....