Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 10:34   Link #1649
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Yuno wrote scripts for him to act on, so that explains the personality change somewhat... He also went through a bunch of traumatic experiences until eventually the straw that broke the camel's back came along (his parents deaths) and he realized that he needs to win, or else not only is he dead, but so is everyone else that's already died (his parents, the other diary holders, countless innocent civilians, etc). He wants to revive everyone, but he can only do that by winning.

So basically, he ended up really broken, but still wants to fix things, and you can't win a murder game by hesitating. Yuno and him probably figured out that the kids would come after them too, so they'd have to take them out (why get more targets placed on yourself than necessary?). I'm gonna say it's safe to assume that Yukki probably was against it, but she convinced him that he could just revive them anyway and that it was the only way.

No idea about the driving at all though.
Even if I haven't watched the twenty-first episode, still I would continue to agree with you.

The twenty-first episode reached a cathartic poignancy for Yukiteru, because Yukki made a point that he never wanted to be involved in any of this and let alone killing. However, Minene counters that one cannot go in life hesitating, being soft, or expecting that everything will turn fine, if your personal situation changes out of the blue and without warning.
She lost her parents in a foreign country where warfare and genocide were the everyday bread; nobody came to save her, she had to learn how to fend off for herself and survive. Her situation forced her to quickly steeled herself up by discarding completely her childhood innocence and start killing in order to survive, nothing else than that.

If something or someone had happened to interfere in a positive light with what happened to her fate, then things might have turned out different for her; I would say 50+/50- probability chance of a better or an even worse fate because the stream of fate and the river of life are flows intertwined carrying uncertainties.
Even if this show has owners using Diaries that can predict their futures for the survival game, the diary themselves only tell them- "Because I acted upon this, I averted myself from getting killed"- and not this- "Because I choose to follow this set course of actions, I kill all the others and became God for a better life."

Minene, at last, was able to empathize with Yukiteru at a very personal level, because she saw her childhood self in him, and I feel seriously bad for Minene holding an illusory hope that she might be alive somewhere, and for Yuki because he truly intends to amend his selfishness once becoming God and reviving absolutely everyone starting with his parents.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote