View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 06:31   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, if that's the case, then why not have the option to actually turn off reputation?
Two responses to this, the first is historical: It doesn't turn it off completely because that's not how the change evolved. It wasn't considered. Second response, had that been the direction the change went in (or if we considered it now), it would have (and still would be) much more invasive. That is to say we'd have to alter much more of the forum's code to get it to work. Currently we're just changing a "show this part of the page" setting. Single line change, no broader impact.

As I said in the other thread, probably unlikely to make changes to the system at this point. Couple of reasons for this; first, I want to overhaul the system anyway. No point in making significant changes to scrap them later. Second, we have a major software upgrade in the pipeline so we're trying to push modification back until after that is complete. Before anyone asks, sorry but we don't have a confirmed date for the upgrade yet.

Point duly noted though; I can see there is a desire for more flexibility around turning the system off.

Last edited by NightWish; 2012-04-15 at 18:22.