View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 15:26   Link #33
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I do think the phenomenon described by last sinner exists but however is limited to shows that involve a massive fanbase (in the exemples you gave there's SHAFT,type moon,kyoani) where people get emotionally attached.
Whereas on less high profile shows I think people might not be so attached and therefore more open to critism.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. Most of the series discussion threads I have posted regularly to had various viewpoints about series. I remember when I was posting some opinions contrary to the majority for Ano Natsu de Matteru and the discussion remained pretty civil. And it ranks as my 2nd or 3rd favorite out of the Winter 2012 series too.

I suppose if I watched Hyouka, I would post in that discussion thread, and I would have said people ought to be treated civilly that post contrary opinions to what the majority says, and the point of series discussion thread is to have meaningful dialogue, and part of any good discussion is allowing for differing viewpoints.

And I can also fanboy myself for Sakamichi no Apollon, or Uchuu Kyoudai or Haiyore! Nyaruko-san but I always respect the opinions of those critical of the shows I love.