View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 22:27   Link #28717
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

We already know Battler is capable of being extremely intelligent, since that's a trait that goes all the way back to Legend when he's in Kinzo's study. It does seem that, in general, he's dumbed down, but on the other hand he may not be an evil genius either. Even at his smartest, as portrayed in End, he's certainly not materializing the solution to the epitaph out of thin air with no assistance or hints.

It's not at all hard to imagine that if Battler were made an accomplice, he would be quite adept at it. After all, he likes mysteries. If he got a chance to participate in a murder mystery game and knew about it ahead of time, no doubt he'd jump right into it with all he's got. The question I always had is, if Battler is drafted to become an accomplice, what circumstances would have to arise to allow this?

As far as we know from ep1-2, the supposed "original" stories, Battler is kind of left out of the loop. And going by Alliance, the whole thing seems to have been done for him specifically. So for him to effectively shift sides in the ep5-6 forgeries is odd. There's the possible excuse of the epitaph in End, but how do you explain Dawn?

I have to think there's something End/Dawn Battler does that Legend/Turn Battler doesn't. One idea I always liked entertaining is that ep5 Battler remembered the promise. Whether that's closer to Prime or not, it's an interesting parallel and it allows for ep1-2 to mirror ep5-6 in the sense that they're what things would look like if Battler had remembered. Battler remembering of course moves him into Beatrice's circle and out of play as he's now hiding a secret from the audience, so Erika has to be introduced to compensate. There's no need for that with a tabula rasa Battler as in Legend, so he can serve as the detective/viewpoint just fine.

But really, who knows, since we're not told a whole lot about the 4th in Chiru.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote