View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 19:59   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll say the last part of the episode helped. Certainly shared some of the utter frustration that Houtarou had during this episode though. Didn't think this would be the kind of series where I'd like to jump in and start punching people, but there it is. Both Irisu and likely Houtarou's sister both aggravated me to the extreme. Both completely playing Houtarou and using him to write a story that would fit with the terribly done movie.

Sadly Houtarou just got played and manipulated quite well throughout this arc. Still has me kind of annoyed right now. Though having an older sister myself the idea of being used by said sister actually fits so well that it probably boosted my level of annoyance with this episode . Just as troublesome to have Irisu just outright admit to everything. Then throwing out lines like "whether you consider them lies or not is up to you." Completely deflecting any responsibility or seeing herself as being in the wrong at all. Long as she got a conclusion that was entertaining for her and fulfilled her responsibilities it doesn't matter who she uses in the process. That's the kind of person I can't help but seriously dislike. Hopefully this arc is the last we see of Irisu period.

In the end it was a case where Hongou felt in a corner because her views were so different from the class. The whole voting on the deaths thing was stupid in the first place. If they want to make a story based on consensus then have the class write the story. Don't negate the vote of your writer. Some parts of this did fit with the theories coming up. Hongou was left in a place where her story couldn't work anymore. The terrible job done in filming made a mess of it.

At least the end of the episode was a bit uplifting. Certainly makes sense now why Chitanda isn't big on the mystery genre in general. Too much involved around solving mysteries where someone has died. Does seem more fitting for her to not like stories where characters die. But will say Chitanda was good at defusing the tension in the episode somewhat. Wonder if she was holding off asking Houtarou about everything at the end because she could read the frustration in him due to this incident? Only when he prodded did she actually ask.

I didn't mind the mystery Hongou was writing. Does make you curious about the connection between attacker and victim in that mystery though. Can guess at things, but will never really know. It really does all fit in the end.

So will say this was a good episode. Definitely brought some strong emotions and development for Houtarou. Just left me a bit annoyed at certain characters in said episode .