View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 18:13   Link #1804
JThree

Ok. Just finished the sixth novel yesterday, and while I have to go back and re-read some sections, there isn't a great deal of "action" in this book, and it seems to be about the slight change of the twosome of Holo and Lawrence to the threesome of Holo, Lawrence and Col. . .

In my humble opinion, the characters seem to change a bit. Lawrence seems less patient than he has in previous books, and Holo more mysterious, especially with the introduction of her more "maternal" feelings to the peddler's new apprentice.

It's almost like the author is trying to take a breath between the action in the first five books and the rest of the saga . . . as do the characters. The majority of the novel is set on the river as Spice and Wolf try to figure out how to go over Eve . . . or even if they should.

One highlight of the novel is Holo's getting ready for the big "dance" for the festival which occurs in the latter chapters, and I was wondering if this was a foreshadowing of something in the future. For those fans, who have been waiting for Holo's wolf form to make a re-appearance, she does in the last chapter as they take their new friend into their confidence.

More later.

JThree
JThree is offline   Reply With Quote