View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 05:02   Link #61
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
it's completely up in the air who "them" refers too, especially since stated on one of the previous pages, the japanese term used for "them" in this case, is pretty derogative.

both oro and sasuke could easily be referring to the kages since they both aren't too fond of konoha, but the human who knows everything... that would be the mostly likely be the rikudou sennin would it not?

wouldn't be surprised if he lived in some shape or form.... everyone's doing it these days
The Sage of the Six Paths is certainly very knowledgeable but I think the 1st Hokage is more closely connected to the origins of the village. He is the man who defeated Uchiha Madara and could provide Sasuke with a different perspective on the relationship between the rulers of the village and the Uchiha clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you're right, it doesn't make sense. why go through the pains of switching bodies or get tsunade to "heal" him when all he needed was to seal a part of himself in other people's bodies and then have someone revive him every time his current self dies? so basically, if this oro dies as well, all they need to do is unseal him from his other cursed seal victims.
I doubt that Orochimaru wants to depend on other people for his revival.

Oro not only maintains eternal youth by possessing the bodies of young hosts he inherits the powers of each of his victims. That is why powerful Ninja are so valuable to him because his vessel needs to be strong and he gets their unique abilities.

The Cursed Seals could be used as a last ditch effort to ensure that he isn't killed off if his physical body dies. The more people with the cursed seal the greater chance Orochimaru has at survival and possible revival. I guess he actually has to be dead in order to be revived. I thought Oro's revival was actually pretty creative. Since Kabuto had Oro's cells he could be used to regenerate Orochimaru's body with its full powers while his consciousness resides within cursed seals (and he remains in the loop about everything his victim witnesses while his consciousness is sealed within them).