View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 18:04   Link #667
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
After reading the actual lines...I now see that it was an elbow. It wasn't very clear if Moon hadn't shouted it xD
Anyways, an elbow making that kind of cut? Unless that's just a line of blood running down his forehead...it's major BS. Pro fighters don't make those kinds of cuts with elbows, much less little fucktard over there.

I get that the author is trying to set it up for a great comeback finish...I get that but I believe it is so unnecessary by now. We've had so many chapters of building this fight up, so many chapters of having our hate for Red Hair grown bigger and stronger...what we want now isn't more cliffhangers and plot twists to hype up the victory later...we want a victory now. Right now people rage at Red Hair because of his actions...but it shows in the score the comic got today and in the comments I've been seeing that people are starting to shift the rage from a character to the story...it's very easy for that to happen and Han is pushing his luck...imho
I think the way the author set up the fight and the emotions around it is exactly the problem here because he let those emotions cool down a bit for a while. After redhead's sushi stunt there wasn't enough antagonizing after that. He let the tension towards redhead cool down too much by adding too many other things in between so now the author needs something to rekindle those antagonizing emotions - turns out the readers didn't like for the protagonist to be sh!t on once again even though he showed so much progress just a few chapter before.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote