Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 08:23   Link #2219
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 20

Really disappointed by this week's "big reveal" episode. Once again things feel half-assed and randomly thrown around just to "excite" instead of having proper development and revelations. It seems that Aikawa is more interested in just making people feel confused or surprised rather than telling a good story. The way the story flows is so schizophrenic in this show. Sometimes they're able to actually have good developments and character moments, and yet other times it just feels like typical high concept but shallow TV junk. I would love to have another episode like ep1 or ep13 again.

I'm not really expecting much out of the remaining episodes story-wise, I just hope there's some good mecha action. Even that is suspect, considering the inconsistent production values. It might not even matter, since they're not going to broadcast the final two episodes anytime soon anyway. But at least I don't feel that invested anymore. The wait would be far worse if this actually turning out to be an amazing climax. Lolz.

Meh. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote