Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 15:31   Link #493
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
it's used to make sauces for chicken wings at many places, i've seen at some food shows the host lick very small amount of it from a finger, nose and eyes start watering immediately, however never shown him taken to hospital though
Lick very small amount of sauce made with ghost chili extract, or lick very small amount of ghost chili extract itself? On a TV show, I heard that even a tiny amount of a concentrated form of a certain chili pepper can actually harm the tissue on your tongue/in your mouth, and I think it was the ghost chili they were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
They're hot, but they're not that hot. I've made habanero salsa and hot sauce; it's good and spicy. It can also be used in sweets.
I'd like to try it. I'm not bad with my tolerance for spicy food; probably better than many Americans. I don't like spicy food to be too spicy, though. If something is too spicy (I'm not even talking crazy spicy, either), than the food isn't really enjoyable. Every now and then, I like some decent amount of heat with some foods.

Sometimes I have stomach acid issues and spicy food can easily cause that. These things started happening more in recent years (stomach acid issues). I remember being a teenager and not knowing what this "heartburn" adults spoke of was like.