Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 02:37   Link #2266
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
No, that's management higher up than you take orders from. Ivica takes orders from Christophe, who in turn is supposed to take orders from them. As for "hasn't mentioned any grief", you must have missed the numerous moments where he gets upset with them in the past couple episodes.
Management higher up than you is your boss. Ivica also takes orders from BBW as well, I thought the past few episodes made that clear. In the past few episodes he's been more annoyed with them on the principle of protecting the kids rather than any sort of grudge or backhistory.

Quote:
Please tell me that you've seen the show and aren't just combing the wiki.

No, there is not a 97% similarity between them. The scene in question is meant to demonstrate that the current Miller is actually Elena impersonating her. Elena and Miller aren't actually a perfect match, just close enough that Elena can convincingly impersonate her. It's a coincidence.
Please, I'm not going to hunt down specific quotes in specific episodes.

Then it's a very lucky coincidence.

Quote:
At this point, what would you have such consequences be?
I'm not going to go in conjecture on that as I'm not writing the story.

Quote:
The Zone of Action is just a detection radius, like a scanner. The size-changing is explicitly a unique reaction this particular Secret had to a unique situation, a fact made perfectly clear.
Exactly, it works as a detection radius. Truth has never displayed one. That's the difference in that the Secrets have had restrictions or limits and Truth has displayed none of that.

Quote:
How did the Nirvash when it evolved into spec3? Why is it the movie Nirvash? Why is the final movie Nirvash going to appear? A question yet to be answered isn't the same as a question never answered.
Alright fine, we'll wait and see I guess.

Quote:
Desperation Disease:
1. Unhealthy obsession on Compac Drive.
2. Complete lack of reaction to other stimuli.

Scub Coral infection:
1. Trouble breathing.
2. Lack of energy.
3. Eventual growth into coral-controlling superhuman.

I fail to see how they're remotely similar.
You're right on this in that they aren't the same however IIRC long-term exposure to Scub Coral in the OG series caused DD. That leads to the question of why in this series, are the symptoms different.

Quote:
Except the show has explained it. The Scub is not supposed to be here. The Secrets are responding to that and attempting to destroy it. Even they call their appearance an act of nature. It is a concept the show is using and that others before it have also used.
Again here's the problem, we don't know if it's purely a time loop or a dimension jump. If it's a dimension jump then you could make that argument however if it's a timeskip then that leads to a whole bunch of inconsistencies with the original story. Such as why do the Scub Coral now have Quartz when they seemingly didn't have it in the original series or why the Secrets didn't appear in the original series. Now you could try to argue that the timeskip caused Quartz to appear in the Scub Coral thus calling in the Secrets however this has never been stated or implied by the show.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote