View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 15:35   Link #67
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
except that in this case it's not way later. obito literally said 'you let rin die' in ch 600. there's no way kishi didn't know where he was going with this flashback only a couple chapters ago. therefore there are only 2 options. either what we're seeing is a genjutsu or some kind of other trick like a zetsu clone of rin and the real rin died some other way that kakashi couldn't help, or kishi purposely wrote bs for no real reason. if it's the latter then wtf...
I was also applying the last time Rin's death was brought up, which was when kakashi was in 'limbo' or w/e. The way he spoke there was as if he screwed up, or couldn't do anything to prevent Rin's death, like he ruined the promise he had made with Obito.

(It's been a while since I looked back that far and read that specific chapter, so maybe I'm wrong, but that's something that stuck with me.) So Kakashi 'killing Rin' like we're seeing now, seems way outta left field...OR....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
This is a pointless debate about something that could be either a mistranslation of a more generally applicable japanese sentence or Obito does not regard Kakashi as Rin's killer. Kakashi never wanted to kill Rin, so even if he caused her death as we see on the last page it wasn't his doing.
...this. I was just about to mention the fact that 'you let rin die' vs. 'you killed rin' vs. any other variation of that detail could just have been a translator thing, or something else. What Obito was saying and what he meant/what we read vs what was implied are very different things...all we know, Rin is dead, Obito blames Kakashi and what we're seeing is playing out to go that way.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote