View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 13:38   Link #14
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Hmm I don't wanna say it but the first episode was a little underwhelming. Lots of nostalgic parts but nothing that really impressed, lots of the gags just felt weird. The atmosphere and the timing didn't feel right, gags like Masato getting the ball in the chest by no-con Rin was obviously a joke, but didn't get me to grin or even feel an ounce of humor. The animation was a little disappointing. The colors should be more vibrant and less grainy, I wanna feel like I'm watching a moving painting as in some past Key adaptations. I'm not saying the anime is bad as a whole, but it's Little Busters!, I want it to be special.

I know exactly what this show feels like now that I think about it, if I had to describe the first episode in a sentence, it'd have to be that it feels like the Clannad movie! Animation-wise, gag-wise, enjoyment-wise it's pretty much on par with that. Agree that there were too many stills, the Sasami and Rin fight is the part where the studio could have really showed off by animating the fight and making it something extra interesting. The fight with Masato and Rin could been more memorable. Get some more choreography in, make it more of a dance. Some extra over the top stuff like that. I want to see scenes with a lot of excitement and action that only an anime could provide. The first episode just feels awkward, getting Masato and Kengo to the point where they fight with a squirt gun and cat, the progression up to that point should either be: More natural but in a clever way, or just very surprising. Lots of the scenes lacked impact for me. The way the episode feels is strangely familiar, it's like it has an old-fashioned directing style to it or progression of events.

At least the VA's were good. (Yui Horie <3) I liked the new Alicemagic used in the ED. Deformed Rin pouting on the mound was a funny sight.
Still importing the first disc and looking forward to the blonde girl on the roof at the end of this episode .

Edit: Actually the animation doesn't bother me as much on a second viewing. I'm liking the anime more and more. It's starting to feel more and more like Little Busters! and I'm actually getting lost just watching. Mmm Riki sounds so girly with Yui Horie's voice that they should just animate him as a girl . Pretty good first episode actually, I think a combination of high expectations and trying to judge it as an anime instead of just watching hurt my ability to enjoy the show. Indeed even the Rin and Sasami fight with the boys reaction to the game-esque sounds coming from the phone was funny.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-06 at 16:50. Reason: Cleaned it up added more thoughts