Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 15:42   Link #1187
August138

Thanks for being specific, and I agree on all points, except...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Giving a viable background for the different colored Gamilas personel at the beginning of the show.
Just to set the record straight for all of the board members, the caucasian Gamilans were not a mistake; they were supposed to be caucasian before the cameras rolled — early merchandizing produced to herald the premiere of the series in 1974, prominently features caucasian Gamilans and Dessler. The change from caucasian to blue was not because of a mistake, but because of a command decision. It was decided, as the show was in the early episodes, to change the skin tone to blue, because the powers-that-be felt that children may have a difficult time telling the good guys and bad guys apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Aside from the Engrish that was spotted and dealt with prior to the release of Chapter II on BD. But, if they aren't as rushed as they were in 1974, the animators will likely not have as many flubs.
Well, that's the job of the Continuity people on the show... Although I did spot a minor misspelling on a monitor in one of the episodes in the second volume (which I can't remember, precisely where, after watching it for the 100th time), we have to remember that English isn't a predominant language in Japan — and that American producers are far more sloppy when depicting Japanese language on-screen in our films. So, I think we can cut them some slack...

Last edited by August138; 2012-11-03 at 15:57.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote