View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 23:21   Link #98
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
snip*
I don't think Touka was calling Yuuta out in that scene. I took it more as a statement of her PoV. And it is true that it'd be irresponsible on Touka's part to let Rikka continue to act the way she does. I don't see why you would interpret that scene as her chastising Yuuta when she bows her head to the guy seeking his help. Touka knows full well that Yuuta's methods are more effective than hers when dealing with Rikka.

As for why Yuuta "yelled" at Rikka, Yuuta already gave us his reason. He knew about her family situation etc. Then he got presented with this situation where Rikka's mom comes to him and presents him with STILL WARM bento but Rikka wouldn't acknowledge her. As somebody who cares for Rikka, and as somebody who is more reasonable than her, it was only natural that he would tell Rikka the sensible thing to do after being presented with something like that. It's not like he straight up told her to "grow up" or forced it down her throat with a mean demeanor. He told her to get rid of her eyepatch. The yelling part is more or less going to happen when people who are passionate get into any meaningful debate. It's impossible not to raise your voice a bit when you're dealing with such situation, specially with somebody as stubborn as Rikka. That scene was anything but a copout.