View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 20:01   Link #28
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I guess in the end, what she wants most is for Rikka to be happy.
What a great friend Rikka has in Dekomori. Unlike Yuuta, who seems to want to make Touka happy more than his own girlfriend. Rikka did not give up her chuuni ways because she thinks it's the right thing to do, but to please her boyfriend. Yuuta doesn't seem to care that his girlfriend isn't happy anymore, so long as she abandons her chuuni ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Yuuta almost looks like a bad guy here...
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Yuuta's a jerk. His lack of compassion for Rikka is mind-boggling. She's been like that for three weeks and he acts like nothing has happened? Like everything's fine? It makes me wonder if the real reason that he forced Rikka into a corner over her chunni ways was because Touka had promised to give him her voice recorder if he cooperated. I certainly wouldn't doubt it. And she did give it to him.

Quote:
So what's left? Ideally, Yuuta can help Rikka face her father's death without forcing her to reject her life/personality these past few years wholesale. The hard part is knowing how to do this...
How about seek professional help? Doesn't Japan have psychiatrist or psychologists? If this syndrome is as common as we are suppose to believe, wouldn't there also be a lot of professional help available? Why dump the responsibility of helping your sister/daughter through an emotionally trying time on a vastly unqualified teenage boy? And since the root of the problem seems to be anchored in her father's death, certainly there must be mental health professionals in Japan that have helped teenage girls deal with those issues.