View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 21:51   Link #3807
Balzac
Assistant Professor

They've got a new one now too? Crud, it's the holidays already. Ah well, I'll probably wait and see if my friends recommend it: I certainly wouldn't want to peruse something that turns out to be mediocre.

On the subject of recommendations though, where do you guys get yours? I purely take recommendations from my real life circle, who each have our own tastes and know each other's intimately well. I've never been guided wrong about games recommended by them - and thus it's only the fallibility of my own instincts in picking out games that's netted me a veritable trove of "disappointments". As an aside the eroge market is so saturated with mediocrity in my eyes that one really has to stomach the so-called disappointments as they come. I look back on my binges of 2005-07 when I didn't care for brand nor content and just acquired what seemed nice - set me back quite a thousand quid.

Quite unfortunately, my internet connection doesn't have the necessary capacity for handling trials - my own experience in those are things included in other games (like the Rewrite trial from Kud Wafter). And quite frankly, I don't like to "spoil" myself somewhat (I know one is not really spoiled from a trial but that's just me) by using them - my motto is get in big or get out!