View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 10:24   Link #3814
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou has played into each's route of giga's Kissbell. At first glance the female cast resembles a lot the cast of HotchKiss from the appearance (not VAs). Moving on to the first point of "evaluation" the main character: Grrr ... Their other games had similar meh-mcs so no surprise here: super extremly useless @school, apologist, in h-scenes: "gaman dekinai", otherwise very generic. The word "misunderstanding" is very, very common for him . All girls are likeable in their own ways and Tomoka as a side character is the trigger of all girl routes, i. e. in making Ichiou think about *insert girl* stronger.
Spoilers for each girl's route up to confession
Spoiler for Main heroines:

Personally I liked the OST of Kissbell. Some of the background tracks sound quite beautiful.
TLDR: I still see absolutely no merit in making the male lead useless in schools. It feels poor for comedy reasons and serves more as a /facepalm reasons for his friends. Heck, it's even more stupid than the more-donkan-than-usual symptoms of other MCs because I can accept the reason why the MC needs to be somewhat oblivious towards the opposite gender and can be fine with it as long as it's not shoved into your face at every possible moment.