Thread: Licensed Btooom!
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 01:45   Link #646
justsomeguy

Hmmm, not sure what to think of the show. The animation and music are great, but that was expected of Madhouse. The adaptation is high quality, but the story is obviously incomplete, and it didn't go past where I've read up to in the manga. The setup requires that most of the characters are not good people, even before they got dumped onthe island. Ryouta in particular was a gamer with no life and a total ass to his poor mother, which limits the sympathy I can feel towards him as a main character, even at the end. Taira was positioned as a hopeless victim type right from the start. All of the antagonists are sociopaths. Himiko is basically the only true sympathetic character (since the "friends" who got her banished were all wrong for hating her from any rational standpoint), but she's poor in battle and a constant damsel in distress. I liked the series, but without further story I can't really give a sincere score.

Made-up score: 8/10, since from where we ended I can see it swinging anywhere from 7 to 9.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote