View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 18:02   Link #2410
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Chapter 39 was pretty much devoted to showing how Vivio dealt with her loss, so again, they are doing what you're asking.
I think i can understand Sanskers's complain on this one, sure one episode is dedicated but i think character developement would be made in a constant flowing, is not necessary to focus just in one character, the plot can move freely from one character to another as long as what happens with the character in the limelight serves some significant purpouse. I'm not saying characters in the tournament serve no purpouse but so far they're very superficial to the main plot and their fights apport very little to actual character developement no matter how awesome some fights may be (as much as i loved Victoria VS. Shante, their fight had little to nothing to do with the plot). The natural exceptions are the fights that involves members of the main cast or fights that reveal something usefull to advance the plot ...and even some of those aren't that significant (compared with her friends, Rio's fight was pretty forgettable and is just "kind of there").

As i've said before Sieg's VS. Eins fight is important to the plot but it was dragged more than necessary (Curb-Stomps battles shouldn't last long ...it becames a bit boring seeing a character being trashed around for more than two episodes straight).

So, this episode abouts Vivio dealing with her loss is usefull but felt almost like a half-baked compensation after a bunch of episodes with nothing important to add on the story xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote